Here's a mini-tutorial on how to make a particular object in your scene (e.g. a "Crate" object) change color when the user taps on it. We will use the Toolbox's TBTap script for this.
1) Make sure you have one instance of the "Finger Gesture Initializer" prefab in your scene
2) Create a new empty GameObject, call it "Toolbox InputManager" and add the TBInputManager script to it
3) Put the TBTap script on your Crate object
4) Create a new "ChangeColorOnTap" script (or whatever you want to call it) and add the following code to it:
Debug.Log( "Tapped " + this.name );
// pick a random color
Color newColor = new Color( Random.value, Random.value, Random.value, 1.0f );
// apply it on current object's material
renderer.material.color = newColor;
5) Add our new ChangeColorOnTap script to your Crate object
6) Hit play and tap away! The crate should change to a random color every time you tap on it.